Monday, September 22, 2008

I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

That's actually a bumper sticker. One that Todd Palin should have on his snowmobile.
He refuses to testify because he believes the investigation of "Troopergate" is illegitimate. Hey, if I were in his snowshoes, I might think the same - but, that's not the point.

I find it interesting that Michelle Obama's quote about being proud of her country for the first time in her adult life to be trumpeted by the Republican base, while Todd Palin's disregard for an investigation to be a minor point, comparatively. What if Ms. Obama thumbed her nose - no - refused to comply - with the court? Ah, then I think we'd see the end of Barack's bid for the White House. An attitude of superiority to the law exhibited in the Palin case is a troubling one, indeed. And the Palin family isn't even in DC yet!

Regardless of Mr. Palin's legal tactics, and leaving the fact aside that Troopergate is starting to give me the willies, I'd like to pose the following question:

If the McCain-Palin campaign is so insistent on it's brand of change for Washington, how will they possibly accomplish this? McCain's been there for years. I can see him walking down the halls, saying "OK, fellas, no more Mr. Nice Guy!"

And how is Ms. Palin going to bring reform to the scandalized city if she's already causing problems in a remote corner of the country?

It doesn't make sense to hire Acme Change Company to fire Acme Change Company.

Thirty-odd more doors were knocked on by yours truly this Sunday, and boy, my legs are killing me today. But it's the pain of change, and one I'm willing to pay.

By the way, I was talking to a buddy today who's a vehement McCain supporter. While I'm completely opposed to his views, I encouraged him to get out there and fight for what he believes in. That's the beauty of the American process (and the process in many other countries, too. Us Americans forget that, sometimes.) I think if we all got off the couch, and walked the talk, we'd be a lot better off as a people, and as a nation.

Get to it!