Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sarah Palin as Sgt. Schultz

As we traverse our daily lives, apathy stalks us at every turn. Stuck in a fairly well off existence, we answer the question of "how ya doin?" with "I can't complain."

Now, that's no way to be! There's a lot to be happy about, and there's a lot to be concerned about. Let's take this election. In my mind, I think it's a big deal. Let's check out one of the most pressing issues facing us as a planet: Global Warming.

Here's an interesting fact concerning John McCain's VP pick, Sarah Palin.

* She believes global warming is occurring but rejects the notion that human activities caused it.

Carl Pope of the Sierra Club says “No one is closer to the oil industry than Governor Palin."

Yeah sure, folks on her side say she stands up to Oil. She might have ticked off a few of the fellas from Exxon. Reality check, folks - she's a humongous proponent of drilling our way out of this fuel problem. The point is, fossil fuels are bad news, and Sarah Palin doesn't seem to realize this.

Here's another bit: She's opposed to developing clean energy. She says “alternative-energy solutions are far from imminent and would require more than 10 years to develop.”

Hmmm, seems a bit funny, don't you think?

I can picture Ms. Palin dressed up for a certain TV show from long ago saying "I seeee nussssing!"

It would make my day if she's right about us not causing the global meltdown. However, science usually has a point, and big money typically has a way of questioning that point. This is what I'm leery of in Ms. Palin's point of view - other than the clashing with proven science bit!

For this reason alone I consider it paramount to get out there and vote! And I'm proud to say- I'm voting for the Obama and Biden ticket. Count me with my vote as another fella for a responsible look at the global crisis facing us. Sure, the money from ignoring this disaster will benefit Palin and the oil execs today, but could very well will leave the rest of us underwater tomorrow.

I'm voting about this, and I encourage you to do the same.