Thursday, September 11, 2008

Welcome to the Cave

Ugh ugh!

Welcome aboard The Political Caveman. I'm James, and I'll be your driver for today.
I'm a musician, consultant, and grassroots organizer. Deeply concerned about the turn in America in general, and the election season in particular, I've decided to create a blog to reach the "Bloc Party"....You musicians, students, workers, and citizens who feel bored, disillusioned, and apathetic about the current state of affairs.

"Who cares?" You might ask. "I'm gonna play my guitar, be a jukebox hero, and I don't care of McBama gets elected, and please don't start on that global warming business."

Well, I wish it were that easy. However, this stuff affects all of us. Wish there were better venues to play at? Let's make sure they don't go underwater from melting ice caps! How about CD sales? The economy plays a big part in it, bucko.

Sit up, pay attention, and get ready to have fun. This blog will provide real, concrete actions you can take. There will be links for causes, things you can do, stuff you can tell your buddies about. No more armchair whining. Let's do something. Plus, it will never be boring. I promise.
For us to be great musicians, writers, athletes, etc, there's a simple fact we can all agree on: We need the world to remain in one piece.

Democrat, Republican, Independent, or Blues Party, I think we can all agree on that.

Here's a great place to start. Check out this site, and if you like it, Sign the Power Vote Pledge.